hot bliggity blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year with New Goals

OMG! IT'S 2014!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year!


My fran Courtney, met in college, the rest is history.
The gal pals!
Sitting on Spencer. Poor guy!

 Alex and I had a wonderful time with some of our friends on New Years. Playing games and laughing constantly, memories were made for many years to come. 

Before we headed to the party, Alex, Everett, and I had dinner together at the good ol' El Torero's. We sat and ate and started a conversation of: What do we want for this year? There have been many ups and downs and we both realize that we do not see each other much due to time, schedules, and work. We wrote down on a napkin (yes, many great things are made that way) our goals that we want as a family for 2014. Spending time together appeared three times so we are going to make that happen. One way, we said that we want to take a family trip just the three of us for a weekend somewhere we've never been. Another one was going to a concert together. We didn't go this past year and we love music so much, we have to live life! Another huge goal of ours is to complete Financial Peace University through our church to get ourselves out of debt. It's not as much as some people who are in thousands and thousands of dollars worth, but just enough to where it is holding us back from saving and doing things that we'd like to do, such as finish the basement. 
On the 30th, I made my own list of goals and hopes for 2014. I have them posted on my bathroom door so I will see them everyday for the entire year. I did this last year and I read them at least every week. It helps to have your goals posted right in front of you to remind you of what you want to achieve. 

Last week, with Uncle Ben and Aunt Megan in town, Alex and I gave Susan and Steve (the in-laws) family pictures for their anniversary/Christmas gift. They turned out wonderful and I'm going to dump some pictures from the past couple of months. 
Our Family
Poppy and MeeMaw
And of course, US. This is a perfect presentation of Alex and his love for us. We love you Daddy! 
The kids!

The Skeltons
 December 27th, 2013


A HUGE thank you for Shannon Duggan Photography. She's a wonderful friend, photographer, and woman who is achieving her lifelong dream, taking photographs of lovely people. We love you Shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment