hot bliggity blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shutter Makeover

I've been wanting to repaint the shutters on our home since we moved in. They have been this maroon/red color that has been chipping and makes our home look a blueish tint. Instead of waiting until it gets too hot, I decided yesterday to try out the color that I bought. I literally spray painted them because they are plastic. I never knew that shutters could be plastic until I pulled two off the of siding. Hah! Pictured here is the first window done with the black/bronzed paint. It makes things look totally different compared to the red. I knew I would have to sweet talk Alex into helping me pull down the other shutters the next day.




 Along with the shutters, I also wanted to paint the house numbers. The numbers were gold before and were not visible from the street. Now, the numbers are bold and really make a statement. The black against the gray siding doesn't make our house look blue anymore either.
 Here is the finished product. I'm so happy with it. For a small amount of money, it makes the house look completely different. As you can see from the picture, I also bought a few shrubs that we will be adding to the landscaping as soon as we are ready to.
Don't worry, more projects to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment