hot bliggity blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fridays Are So Bittersweet

As I'm snacking on my breakfast (cinnamon toast) and sipping my chocolate milk (yummm), I'm preparing for an outrageous day finishing my classroom and preparing for Open House next Monday. YIKES! What has happened to the summer. I will SO be ready for a break once school starts. What a challenge it will be to go to work everyday to be with kiddos when I won't be with my own. Everett is such a good baby though, I do believe that I can handle it.

Today is the last Friday of Summer (meh....). It's so bittersweet and so exciting to know that this is my third year teaching, to know that Alex has been blessed with a job, to know that I have 29 students as of yesterday (grrr), and to know that I can wake up everyday in this country being free to do what I want and when I want.

At the same time, I need to "get with it!" Rolling out of bed at 7:00 is hard right now. What am I going to do next week when I need to get up at the butt crack of dawn?! I'll make it. I've done it before, I'm sure I can do it again. It will be very interesting getting through that first week of class. Most likely I will be living off coffee and sweets.

Headed to my second home (room D1) at West Lane. Pics coming soon!