hot bliggity blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Last Day of Summer

Well we've come to this, the last day of summer. It's going to be so hard going back to work tomorrow! Students come on Thursday and fiasco begins! I'm excited about this year though. I've heard that I have a wonderful class that will do great.

Yesterday was so amazing! Having the afternoon to spend with a good friend, Holly, was well worth it! We left the little men at home with Dads and not only did we get pedicures, we went to El Torero's and had a drink and cheese dip. AHHHHH....lol!

When I got home, it wasn't much time until it was time for church. The message was unbelievable. Ron, our pastor, got text messages in in the form of questions and a few volunteers chose questions for him to answer. Many of the questions were about adultery, divorce, suicide, homosexuality, etc. The discussion was informing and intricately engaging. Personally, I learned a few things that I didn't know. For example, did you know that the Bible never mentions suicide up front? Many people "take their lives" in the bible but it never refers to "suicide". Interesting. Ron mentioned every time how we as Christians need to lead with GRACE. So true.

After service, Alex had to work; so Nathan, Holly, and their little boy Finn went with me to Beef's! It was a very lovely dinner and good conversation. They had never been there before so it was an honor to introduce them to it.

When I came home with the little man, we were bum tired. I put him to bed and I sat up piddling. I found out that there was a meteor shower happening!!! I texted Alex to wake me up when he got home so we could watch it. I've never seen one before. Well, too bad we are two exhausted parents and want sleep over experience. Ha. I guess we will just have to wait until the next one.

As for the last day of summer, I've got a to-do list. No surprise there. Looking forward to the start of things tomorrow and seeing my school family. Let 2012-2013 begin!