hot bliggity blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mommy Time

Well it's Saturday. T-minus 4 days left in my summer until school officially starts. I've gotta do what I can before students soak up all of my time. Today, Alex is working in the morning as well as after church. Little Man and I vacuumed, hung up laundry to dry, and folded clothes. Everett had a bath (which he loves) and then he's take two naps already today and it's 1:15 pm. He's such a good baby!

When Al gets home from his first shift, I'm meeting up with a friend Holly Moran whom I met through small group this summer. She has a little boy who is about a month older than E. Her husband is a lot like Alex so we decided that we should just start having Mommy time together. Today we are leaving the babies at home with Dad and getting pedicures. We've talked about maybe in the future: massages. That is music to my ears!!! I've also thought about maybe wine tastings, winery trips, StL trip, etc. So much to do when you have a few hours to yourself. It's essential to take care of yourself when you are so busy taking care of others.

This evening I'm bumming out. I was supposed to go downtown for my friend Amber's birthday to celebrate. At this point, no babysitter. I also want to spend as much time as I can with E before school starts. He needs to stay on schedule!!! We've been heading to bed between 7-8 each night. Now, give or take a couple of nights we've gotten home late from parties or family functions. He's sleepy today so I'm guessing that he's catching up from lost time with sleep.

I will post tonight how Mommy time was! Very very very excited!!!