hot bliggity blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

In His Grace

 Throughout my life, I've never really thanked the people who have largely impacted me and my walk with the Lord. I'm going to begin making it a point to do so. My grandfather was one of those people. Handing out his Gideon green bibles and talking with strangers about Jesus always amazed me. When I was in college at SEMO my freshman year, it was hilarious when I would be walking to class and I would see Grandpa Gene in the distance handing out bibles. It brightened my day and reminded me of how we can shine God's light everywhere we go.
 I remember as a young child, he would sing songs with me and hug me. He also taught me how to pray. From as far back as I can remember, he's the one person that taught me to pray before every meal. Thanking God for everything that he ate (including his snacks), he always asked for nourishment. He was also the one to teach me to tithe. He explained how important it was to give back to God because he gave us so much. He has also taught me about investment. Investing your life in good.
He was a man of faith that never feared or was afraid to share his knowledge of Jesus or the bible. I want to be like that.

In my small group through church, we are currently reading the book of Malachi. The theme is: A love that never lets go. With God, he let's his people fuss and cry and question God. God allows us to do these things so we will sooner or later look to him for his grace. We see that he is truly all we need. We also recognize that we are nothing without him.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1938861.html

 (Photo)