hot bliggity blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's Not Really Goodbye

Yesterday, I received sad news. After school, I was trying to get some work done so I could pick up Everett early from Nana's. I sat down to make a phone call to our school Social Worker and Alex calls me instantly. I picked up the phone and it was a normal conversation, "Hey, how was your day, etc." I asked how to visit went with grandma and grandpa. He slowed down and said, "Lauren, your grandpa passed." I had no immediate reaction, I asked, "Passed what?" "He passed away this afternoon, around 12:45."
From there, reality hit. I began to cry and just thought about him. I told a few people at school and then I headed to get Everett. He saw grandpa Gene just hours before he passed, he's what I wanted to hold on to.


Yes, there have been tears in the past hours. But there's also been hope. Sitting with my grandma last night and hearing how she told me about Grandpa's last few days, I truly believe he's with the Lord.
She spoke about how the night before, as she was singing a few hymns to him and just rubbing his arms and hands, he was moving his lips. She couldn't quite hear what he was saying but she could see what he was saying. She said that it was just amazing watching his lips move the way they were. He was saying, "I see God. I see God." His eyes were towards the heavens and a bit later he mumbled, "Hallelujah." She talks about how it was one of the most miraculous things she's ever seen.
God truly speaks through us as well as other people. I'm so happy to know that Grandpa Gene is with the Lord and how we will see him again someday.

I know that he's probably up in heaven joking around with many others. He's able to eat all of the ice cream and chocolate he wants. He can run, walk, skip, laugh with joy, and rejoice with the angels.
In Heaven, everything and everyone is healed and always full of joy. God called him home to fight the good fight and to serve Him.

Without Jesus, we are nothing. I've learned this through hard times and troubles. If I didn't have the Lord in my life, this situation would be much different. I wouldn't be able to stand the fact that I didn't get to say Goodbye. What I must always remember, this isn't really goodbye. It's, "I'll see ya soon." :)