hot bliggity blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The "Darnest Things.."

When Bill Cosby came out with the show, Kids Say the Darnest Things, we all loved it, right? Well, the funniest part about it is that it is SO true. Today at school, there were two conversations which were so hard not to drop down on the floor laughing my butt off!

The first took place during reading class. I had a small group which were reading a novel about King Arthur. The question came up, "Mrs. Skelton, what is a stag?"
"It's a type of deer," I replied.
I noticed that the two girls sitting across from each other began to giggle. I asked them if they were okay.
"Haha, Mrs. Skelton, I've seen a stag on a beer can before!"
Trying not to show my expression of laughing so hard I almost peed my pants, I said, "I think I know what you are talking about...haha."
The girls began to laugh again and then began talking about the details of the "Stag" on the beer can. I never thought I would hear Stag at school in a 4th grade classroom.

The second story is just as funny if not funnier. A small group of boys in my class are very into their hairdos and clothes, etc. I kept smelling something (cologne) that was decent. One of the young gentlemen walked up and it was STRONG! I asked, "Do you have spray on?"
"Yes."
"Well, what kind is it?"
Three boys flocked over and began to tell me all about how they have different types of smell good spray and "cologne". Then, one of them even went to his backpack and brought to me two types of spray and his deodorant! He was so proud of them and I told him that they were very nice.
"Mrs. Skelton, I wear deodorant because I stink by the end of the day."
"Yes, boys, it's okay to stink. It just means you are a hard worker."
From there, I told them that when we have the deodorant talk when it begins to warm up, they will be able to lend a hand if someone is unsure about the topic. I thanked them for their confidence. Haha. I didn't wake up this morning expecting to be impressed by ten year old boys talking about how they "stink" and their sprays to smell good.

Again, just another day in the 4th grade life. No big deal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment