hot bliggity blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to 2012!



As Alex and I are relaxing today, laying around the house, we are so blessed that we have so much in our lives. 2011 was a good year. Here is my top ten of 2011:

10. Alex had a successful season in Fantasy Football.

9. I've been so blessed to have a wonderful class for my second year of teaching.

8. My mom and I have become closer since our summer excursion.

7. Many of our friends celebrated marriage (that would cover 6 weddings).

6. My sister in-law (Claire) and I have had so many laughs and good quality time together as she enjoys her senior year of high school, I love her.

5. Alex and I both have steady jobs. This is such a blessing in disguise. Even though we complain about the hours, paperwork, etc. We get up in the morning and go somewhere to please the Lord with our talents.

4. We are financially stable. Around Christmas we packed food for Feed My Starving Children, an organization which focuses on feeding people across the world who are in need. This was amazing to do together and we advise any family to do this together for the holidays. This opened our eyes to the amount of food/money/vital time that is wasted in our lives. We hope to save more money this year and to invest in others and ourselves for health and happiness.

3. We bought a house! Yes, we are officially a household. Our home is wonderful and a work in progress. With 2 weeks of painting, carpeting, and living with the inlaws; it was well worth it! We'd worked very hard to save and to do it right. Buying a home is one of the most stressful things I've ever done in my life. It's also one of the best things I've ever done. Our casa is our place to be us and to enjoy life with our friends, family, and neighbors. Our neighborhood is one which our children will love growing up in.

2. We are enjoying our second year of marriage. Alex and I have become closer each day with communication, tears, laughter, joy, comfort, etc. There is NEVER a dull moment with Big Al. I need to start writing a book about what we argue about. Seriously, it's like 70 year olds. I have to laugh because he's my best friend and I have no idea where I would be without him. Other than our heavenly father, he is my strength and wisdom when I need it most.

1. WE ARE EXPECTING! This above all things has definitly been the most exciting thing happen in our lives. To know that a baby is gradually growing in my belly is one of the most amazing and miraculous things known on this earth. My grandparents tell me every time I see them that I have a miracle. The due date is April 26th 2012.

All in all, 2012 is going to be a HUGE year for us! I told Alex last night that 2012 is going to change our lives. He replied with, "Didn't you say that about 2010?" We were married in 2010 and yes, it did change our lives. But this, this is bigger. This will change our schedules, our plans, anything that we thought we were capable of before, we can do even more as we add a player to TEAM SKELTON.









No comments:

Post a Comment