hot bliggity blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy BIrthday to Me!

Yes, it is my 24th birthday and I do not feel a day over 21. There are days which I get up out of bed and yes, I can feel my body compensating for my age (even thought I don't like to admit it). My bones, muscles, and mind are leaving me. Part of it is pregnancy but a big part of it is being married and teaching. Haha!

Last night, we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse with our good friends, Ashley and John Litzelfelner. We had a blast and yummy food. I was a bit upset at the fact that my friends and husband told them it was my birthday. Yes, I had to ride the saddle....with a belly! It was funny. After we went to see the movie, War Horse. What a great story. It reminded me a lot of Forrest Gump how he travels and meets many types of people. It was a great story and I reccommend it to anyone who likes a good movie.

I woke up this morning and I jumped up out of bed, totally forgetting it was my birthday. Alex reminded me and said, "Happy Birthday". I had already gotten 3 texts wishing me a happy birthday. My favorite was from my grandma. Here it is:

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Lauren, Happy Birthday to you! I remember going to see you in the hospital and walking down to the nursery with your Dad to see the most beautiful little girl there. You have turned out to be not only that outwardly but inwardly too. You have been a blessing to us and we love you." -Grandma and Grandpa Loftis
This has been the highlight of my day. They make me smile so much and I love spending time with them. We laugh and joke so much about everything.

We decided to go for a walk in our neighborhood. Man oh man, it is cold in Southeast Missouri today! 32 degrees and the wind is a blowin'. We walked a little over half a mile and I was done. My cheeks were freezing and chapped. Coming inside, I began to warm up and make my grocery list. As we stock up for the January month, I've heard many rumors of a blizzard on January 25th of this year. We will see. It might miss us and be all south. UGH!
Mom came over for a bit and gave me some comfy houseshoes! They are cute!
Alex let me pick out a pair of diamond earrings for my birthday. They were still on their Christmas sale and he was fishing. I called him and told him I found them! The reason why I wanted earrings is when we go to the hospital, I want to wear them. April is the diamond month ya know.... When Al found that out, he just said, "Man! I've got my work cut out for me."
Hehe.
With the holidays over and the true winter season beginning, let's hope that we get snow and no ice! Thanks to all of my family and friends, 24 isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment