hot bliggity blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

No Tonsils Day 3

Last night did not go so well. We went over the Steve and Susan's for dinner. Well, Alex did. They had made beer bread (which smelled so good) and pasta. I had my good ol' KFC mashed taters'. I took about an hour nap while I was there and then we sat down for dinner. I ate about a cup of mashed potatoes and then the rest of my Sprite. I was feeling better after eating and at eight oclock I took another dose of my meds.

The plan was to go look at Christmas lights in Jackson and the Cape County park. I felt fine and since we were not going to be out in the cold, I was pretty confident I would do fine. Alex drove our car to the apartment and then we would go through another subdivision before going to pick him up. Well, the subdivision we went through had many curving and winding roads. After getting into town, we stopped at Rhodes and everyone got hot chocoloate, except for me. I began feeling sick to my stomach. I realized that the medicine and riding in the backseat of the car was not going so well. Of course, with my experience of peuking, I have wonderful timing. I asked Steve to pull over. I ended up getting sick.

We stopped by the apartment and Alex got me a small pill which is supposed to help with nausea. It dissolved in my mouth and it had to be the most disgusting medicine I've ever had in my entire life. It tasted like old grape medicine mixed with metal. Blech! I ate that and felt fine for about 20 minutes. That was until I realized that we were again going through another subdivision with winding roads. We kept going back and forth and I found myself feeling so down that I asked Steve to pull over, once again. At this point, I was so ready to go home. The first time wasn't so bad, the second time was terrible. I felt more acid running across my battle wounds and that just made me feel like crap.

Steve and Susan took us home, I'm a total party pooper. I got a call from mom this morning giving me a lecture over how I needed to stay home last night. I didn't think it would bother me at all. I've been fine this whole time. I think a big part of it was just my body trying to relax and I'm not used to riding in the back seat of a car. These narcotics they've given me are really strong and I'm totally out of it for about an hour after I take it.

Let's just say I got home last night and didn't even want to take anymore medicine for the night. I took a shower and then went to bed, sick. I woke up in the middle of the night with my throat hurting worse than ever. I sipped on water every 15 minutes and then decided at 6:30 to eat about a half cup of applesauce and then take a dose. After that, I dozed off, finally comfortable and woke up at 9:15.

Emily, Derek, and Stratton came over to visit this morning. Alex made them breakfast, pancakes, eggs, bacon; and I sat, eating my yogurt. Boooo....

Stratton enjoyed playing with cereal and drinking his OJ. :) I took a dose around 10:45 before they left around 11:20. I woke up at 1:30. You can figure out that my naps have been quite long since Friday and Alex has realized that many of my days are beginning to run together.

Yes, Rest and Relaxation is my present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment