hot bliggity blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge

Alex and Lauren (2005)

A wonderful friend, Emily, gave me the idea of having a blog challenge of blogging for 30 days straight. This will go perfect with the holiday season! We have major news to tell! Here is my top ten list for the day.....



10. Ice cream will be my best friend in a month.

9. Presents are overrated.

8. Adopting a family at school for Christmas.

7. My students are hilarious and keep me on my toes at ALL times.

6. My brother is staying with us for 3 days. It is NOT babysitting....it's TEEN Sitting.

5. I'm turning into a person who I want to be and no one is telling my otherwise.

4. Just started a new book: "Love Walked In" by Marisa De Los Santos

3. I have wonderful friends and a great support system.

2. I'm getting a Tonsilectomy December 17th.

1. Alex has a job!


Above all.....God is GOOD ALL THE TIME & ALL THE TIME God is GOOD!


If you didn't catch number 2, yes, I am getting surgery to have my tonsils taken out December 17th. The ENT this morning at my appt. gave me two options: surgery or living on antibiotics 2-3 times a year. He said that most women take the surgery better than men due to knowing that we will lose 10-15 lbs! Whoohoo! No, this is not a diet plan. It will be hard due to Christmas being a week later. I will most likely be eating soup, mashed potatoes, cranberry, whip cream, etc. Anything that I can get down. I will only have to use 3 sick days from school which will leave me with 3 left for the school year.


The best news of the week has to be that Alex got a job! He is now employed by DeVry University. He will be able to work from home and travel a few days out of the week to visit high schools in Missouri. What's the best part you ask? June/July off! We will have a summer vacation together! That's almost unheard of unless both spouses are teachers. We are truly blessed!


John 15:7

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment