hot bliggity blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black FRIDAY=SUCCESS!

Maggie+Emily+Lauren= Black Friday Ninjas!

My two very best friends and I decided to attempy Black Friday this year. The day after Thanksgiving is a nutty time for women in this area. At 8p.m. on Thanksgiving night, I decided to partake in this event. My friends Emily and Maggie were already planning to be at Toys R Us at 10 p.m. I went ahead an met up with them at midnight at Walmart.


Alex dropped me off since he had to be at Target at 3 a.m. for his shift. As I walked in, I saw cellophane boxes (almost like trash bags) around many large pallets of toys/towels/etc. Couldn't believe I was doing this. I saw three teachers I work with just at Walmart and then I found Emily and Maggie.


Maggie and I were in charge of gett Matchbox cars, a pillow pet, and a Woody from Toy Story 3. As midnight came, people were ripping through and wanting blood. I gladly passed out toys. Maggie and I were riding the cart to find Emily (who bought a Paula Deen set for $80 and a crock pot for $3). I bought 3 towels for $1 each.


We took a picture while we stood in line to celebrate our victory!


Our next stop was Toys R Us. We didn't buy anything but we did run into Nickie and her mom. I babysit their kids! I found a digital camera for Ellie. It was the last one!

From there, we went to Huddle House. What a waste! The people were not prepared for such a crowd. We decided to go to Denny's instead. From there, we dropped Maggie off at Sears to stand in line with her mom and brother. Emily dropped me off at Kohl's while she went over to Walmart again to get a TV for Derek. We all parted our ways. Kohl's was insane! The line was at the back of the parking lot. I ran into a few friends of Alex and I's. Luckily, I saw Nickie in line. She told me just to get in line with her. As I walked in, I was on a mission for flannel sheets and a doormat. That's all I wanted. Hah! I was successful.


The worst part about Black Friday is the following:

1. crowds

2. no restaraunts are open except Denny's and lazy pancake houses

3. running on no sleep

4. standing in line

5. dealing with crazies


The best part about Black Friday is:

1. gettin great deals

2. having a grand slam breakfast

3. runnin around with friends all night

4. the intense feeling of adrenaline

5. seeing people you only see once in a blue moon


Needless to say, we had a blast even if we were running on zero sleep. It will be an annual event. I'm already planning for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment