hot bliggity blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

We are preparing for the Thanksgiving holiday and here is a bit of what will be included!


1. My Thanksgiving plan this year will include stuffing my face with turkey, carbs, and pie! We will celebrate at both my grandparents house in Cape and Alex's parents house in Jackson. My dad, stepmom, sister, and brother will be visiting from Texas. I'm looking forward to spending time with them!


2. My favorite Thanksgiving was 2 years ago. Alex's grandmother had back surgery a week before and she was on heavy meds. We had a "Gangsta Thanksgiving" and laughed so hard through it all! It's never a dull moment with the Skeltons.


3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is....well...I'm not sure what it is yet. I'm going to be making the potato casserole this year. I'll let you know.



4. My favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving is mashed potatoes. Alex's Aunt Alice makes crock pot potatoes and they have everything unhealthy for you. The best part about them is that they are so creamy and delicious, full of flavor. Sour cream, cheeses, bacon, you name it!


5. Thanksgiving to me is a time when we can all get together and have a great time with family and friends. I am very excited. This is our first Thanksgiving together as a married couple. We are also preparing for our first Christmas together!


6. I am thankful for:
....a wonderful husband;


.....a supportive family;


....my heatlh;


....my friends;


....a roof over my head;


....Alex's new job;


..my job;


....my students who make me laugh;


....ice cream;


...Missouri's beautiful folage of fall;


...knowing that I have angels watching over me every day;
....and mostly for having a plentiful God who is gracious and provides us with all of our needs.


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment