hot bliggity blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Perfect Example....NOT!

So my friend Emily explained to me that I was doing the 30 Day Blog Challenge totally wrong! Wow.......I'm smart. Haha. Instead of just writing about whatever I want. There are certain things to write on certain days. So here is the very beginning of my 30 day challenge...take 2.


Introduce Yourself.
My name is Lauren Ashley Skelton. My maiden name is Loftis. I recently was married in June of this year and I have a wonderful husband, Alex. We have been together for over 5 years now, married for almost 6 months!
I am a 4th grade teacher at West Lane Elementary in Jackson, MO. This is my first year teaching and I just graduated college from SEMO in May 2010.
I have a passion for kids and many different kinds of hobbies. My hobby I enjoy the most is curling up reading a book! Other hobbies include: exercising, watching movies, listening to music, shopping, hanging out with friends and family, blogging, and of course cooking and eating.
15 Interesting Facts about Moi!
1. I am left-handed. Many of the kids in my family are left-handed 3 out of 6. And 3 on the other side of the family as well.
2. I love candles. One of my favorite things to do is buy candles and keep them burning while I'm relaxing at home.
3. I have a scar on my tongue from falling off the monkey bars at age 2. I bit it open and my mom ran me (literally) right up to the hospital. We were at Capaha Park.
4. I've never been shopping on Black Friday. I freak out with crowds.
5. I could watch movies all day layin on the couch. I enjoy watching all different types of movies. The latest movie we watched was "Home for the Holidays." Hilarious. It reminded us of the puerto rican Skelton holidays.
6. KRAFT Mac N' Cheese just might be my favorite dish EVER!
7. I have a sweet tooth...BAD.
8. I absolutely love the sound of rain when I'm laying in bed. It's so relaxing and calms me down. I'm not talking about the major thunder storms. I could do without those. I usually end up sleeping through them.
9. I have a 2 year old boyfriend, Stratton. Alex and I were there the day Emily and Derek had him. We arrived just as he was born. He's definitly a best buddy. :)
10. I look just like my mom. Everyone says so. A lot of people also say I look like Debra Messing.
11. 11 is my lucky number and my jersey number as well!
12. A few of my favorite book titles: "Angels and Demons", "A Bend in the Road", "The Lovely Bones", and all Beverly Cleary books.
13. My left foot is slightly bigger than my right and when I smile, I have a "popeye" (one eye opening more than the other).
14. I have Cherokee in my bloodline on both sides of the family. You can tell by my high cheek bones.
15. I have many interesting facts about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment