hot bliggity blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sometimes life is scary.

Many times in our lives, we are faced with what may seem to be terrible things. Bad news, frustrating moments, stress....etc. These days, no wonder there are so many people on medication for stress and high blood pressure. We freak out the moment anything happens in our daily life. Right now, I am right in that moment where I choose my level of stress. Alex and I are reading Gary Smalley's book "The DNA of Relationships" in our small group. We've only been reading for just a few weeks but after hearing Gary speak at La Croix's Love and Laughter Marriage Retreat, he makes so much sense! Here's a little about what he spoke about....

We are in control of our own thoughts and those thoughts depict what we believe deep down in our hearts. There have been so many times which I have spoken negative words and without realizing it, I've hurt either someone else or my self-confidence. I now understand fully that as I've grown up, I am very much aware of what I say and even think about things/people/situations.

The marriage retreat which Alex and I attended truly touched our lives. We listened to Ted Cunningham speak about how important marriage is and to have an actual marriage compared to so many "kid-centered" families today. Alex and I learned so much to build our relationship.

As for Alex's job search. Please keep us in your prayers. We're sticking together through the thin right now. He had an interview for DeVry University in Springfield, MO today and then tomorrow he is having an interview for the STL Cardinals. We are very thankful to have each other to hold one another's head up. We are staying positive and we are so blessed to have God guiding us along the path which he has provided.

School is going well. I have been very stressed lately and this past week was home one day with strep throat. The doctor referred me to an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) doctor to meet with at the end of November to discuss tonsils. I am very nervous about this. I hear so many stories about how much more painful it is to have tonsils taken out as an adult. EEK!

Loving the weather and loving life!

No comments:

Post a Comment